In addition to posts on Spiritual Formation, History and Prayer, American Psalms offers this weekly update with relevant Prayer Points, a featured American leader to pray for, and tips on growing in your Christian walk as you pray for America. Please join us in praying for the nation.
Prayer Points for the Week of June 10 – June 16, 2012:
- If you’ve not already done so, visit The First Prayer page on this blog and make a commitment to pray for our nation on a regular basis.
- U.S. Secretary of Commerce John Bryson was found unconscious behind the wheel of his car after hitting two vehicles on Sunday. The incident seems to have been precipitated by a medical condition. Because of this incident, Secretary Bryson is our featured authority for prayer this week; please see his information below and pray for him throughout the week.
- Pray for the diplomats and military leaders of our nation dealing with atrocities in Syria. Western diplomats are now being forced to leave Damascus.
- More than 20,000 acres have been destroyed by a fierce wild fire in Colorado. As of Monday morning, 18 structures have been destroyed with hundreds of homes in jeopardy. Pray for the safety of the fire fighters and National Guard members fighting the blaze. Pray also for the families who are in danger.
- Continue to pray for the wisdom and discernment of our anti-terrorist agents after it was revealed that the United States was involved in a cyber attack against Iran’s nuclear weapons program; pray for the safety of our facilities. There is no doubt Iran and its allies will attempt counter attacks.. Regardless of your political persuasion, let us give thanks that their nuclear program was stunted without the loss of American or Iranian lives.
- Attorney General Eric Holder has assigned investigators to uncover the source of National Security leaks in the administration. It is vital for the safety of our troops and agents that the leak is stopped. Pray that political agendas do not interfere with the safety of our nation.
- Pray for a revitalization of faith in America. May we not be complacent in our lives, but be Christians of compassion-based action.
- As always, remember to pray for our president and his family (1 Timothy 2:1-3). Even if you disagree with his policies, you are called to pray for him without bias. A sample prayer for the President is available here.
“I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone–for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.” (1 Timothy 2:1-4, NIV)
This week’s featured Authority is U.S. Commerce Secretary John Bryson:
Name: John Bryson
Birthdate: July 24, 1943
Position: Secretary of Commerce
Duties Include: Serving as a member of the President’s Cabinet, has authority over the Department of Commerce, Charged with the creation of jobs and economy growth, Advises the President on matters of the economy.
Children: Secretary Bryson and his wife have four daughters.
You can learn more about Secretary Bryson and his duties by visiting the Department of Commerce website. Remember to pray for the secretary and his family throughout this week.
Please see the Condition of Use for this blog.
© Joshua J. Masters and American Psalms, 2012.
Praying Hands Photo Credit: Jasper Noer