In addition to posts on Spiritual Formation, History and Prayer, American Psalms offers this weekly update with relevant Prayer Points, a featured American leader to pray for, and tips on growing in your Christian walk as you pray for America. Please join us in praying for the nation.
Prayer Points for the Week of June 03 – June 09, 2012:
- If you’ve not already done so, visit The First Prayer page on this blog and make a commitment to pray for our nation on a regular basis.
- As world tensions continue to rise over atrocities in Syria, pray for the diplomats and military leaders of our nation.
- Praise God for the agreement made between The US and Vietnamese governments this week. Vietnam will open three sites in their country for the United States to search for the remains of American soldiers missing in action since the war. Pray this expedition will bring closure and peace to the families of our fallen soldiers.
- The Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth’s reign is a perfect time to pray for relations between America and England. We should never take such relationships for granted.
- After it was revealed that the United States was involved in a cyber attack against Iran’s nuclear weapons program, pray for the safety of our facilities. There is no doubt Iran and its allies will attempt counter attacks. Pray for the wisdom and discernment of our anti-terrorist agents. Regardless of your political persuasion, let us give thanks that their nuclear program was stunted without the loss of American or Iranian lives.
- Pray for a revitalization of faith in America. May we not be complacent in our lives, but be Christians of compassion-based action.
- As always, remember to pray for our president and his family (1 Timothy 2:1-3). Even if you disagree with his policies, you are called to pray for him without bias. A sample prayer for the President is available here.
“I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone–for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.” (1 Timothy 2:1-4, NIV)
This week’s featured Authority is Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta:
Name: Leon E. Panetta
Birthdate: June 28, 1938
Position: Secretary of Defense
Duties Include: Authority over the Department of Defense, serving as a member of the President’s Cabinet and the National Security Council, Advising the President and developing national defense policy.
Spouse: Sylvia Panetta
Children: Secretary Panetta has three sons and six grandchildren.
You can learn more about Secretary Panetta and his duties by visiting the Department of Defense website. Remember to pray for the secretary and his family throughout this week.
Please see the Condition of Use for this blog.
© Joshua J. Masters and American Psalms, 2012.
Praying Hands Photo Credit: Jasper Noer